It’s that time of year again when the flu seems to affect most of us in one way or another. There are some simple things you can do to prepare yourself for this and hopefully avoid getting ill.
- Exercise and make sure that you are in good physical shape. By being fit you will naturally improve your immune system and get your body ready to battle any bugs and germs.
- Make sure you get enough rest and sleep. By giving your body a chance to recover from long days at work or after exerting yourself you give your body the energy to fight any virus or bug.
- Eat well through a good balanced diet. Make sure you get your vitamin c and zinc as it will help you fight any virus and potentially shorten any period of illness. Also make sure to keep well hydrated.
- Avoid a lot of stress. A little bit of stress can be good to get your body fired up but long lasting stress will have an adverse affect and make you more prone to catch the flu.
- Don’t drink and smoke. These things will weaken your body’s ability to fight any viruses.
Tip: My daily routine involves boosting my immune system with a drink made up of turmeric, ginger, orange, lemon, and acai. All these have unique powers to help us stay healthy and strong.